2017 Year in Review
In celebrating our 7th year, we surpassed our goal of helping over 1,000 Veterans, Active Duty, and Reservists. CLICK HERE to download the 2017 Year in Review Letter from Founder, Penny Lambright.
At Patriots and Paws we reduce psychological and financial stress to our Veterans as they transition into civilian life and Active Duty/Reservists as they are returning from deployment, by providing basic home furnishings and necessities for free, resulting in hope and dignity.
We will also unite them with a rescued animal so it can be trained and become a service animal through our community partners for free, giving them a sense of purpose and emotional support.
Because of your generosity, and ongoing support, Patriots and Paws will be able to help our Veterans, active Military, and their families who have, or still serve our Country, and now need our help by supplying them with essential everyday items like a bed or a kitchen table.
Make Your One-Time or Recurring Donation Now
Five Ways You Can Support Patriots and Paws
- Give Cash. Cash is an easy way to give each year. You will receive a dated receipt from Patriots and Paws so you can properly document your cash gift. A canceled check provides sufficient documentation only for gifts by check if they are less than $250.
- Give appreciated stock or other property. When you give property to Patriots and Paws, we’ll sell it, and you will eliminate all the capital gains tax you would have paid had you sold it yourself. Your gift will be deductible at its full fair market value as of it’s date of delivery if you have held it for more than one year.
- Invest in a life income plan. A life income gift provides you with payments for the rest of your life, and Patriots and Paws with support thereafter. If you use appreciated securities that you’ve owned longer than a year to fund the gift, you will be entitled to an income tax deduction based, in part, on the charitable portion of the security’s full value.
- Give real estate, artwork, or other tangible personal property. Give property that would have resulted in the greatest capital gain if you would have sold the asset instead.
- Donate a life insurance policy. A gift of a life insurance policy you no longer need makes a perfect year-end gift. To qualify as a deductible gift, Patriots and Paws must become the policy owner. For most types of insurance policies, your tax deduction is usually the cost basis or the fair market value of the policy – whichever is less.
Tax Deductible Donation
- All contributions to Patriots and Paws are Tax Deductible as applicable by law.
- We are a 501(c)(3) organization. Our Federal Tax I.D #38-3852940.
- A confirmation receipt will be sent to your email from Patriots and Paws.
- Please keep your donation receipt(s) for federal income tax filing purposes.
- Consult your tax professional for your specific situation.
Give a Recurring Gift to Patriots and Paws
You can choose to make a one time donation, daily, weekly, monthly or yearly donation to Patriots and Paws. Any support is appreciated, and your monthly support is greatly needed and very much appreciated.
Each month, there are expenses to operate Patriots and Paws, such as rent for our warehouse, rental of moving trucks, gasoline, insurance, etc. With your contribution, we can continue our mission to improve the lives of our Veterans, active Military, and their Families.
We need your help in making this charity run consistently. We can’t do it without you!
Is your Company interested in becoming a supporter?
If you would prefer to contribute by mail
Make Check to: Patriots and Paws
Send Check to:
Patriots and Paws
9121 Atlanta Ave #471
Huntington Beach, CA 92646
This information is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax professional. References to estate and income taxes include federal taxes only. State income/estate taxes or state law may impact your results.