We’re so humbled to help our Veterans, Active Duty, Reservists in a way that is changing lives, giving hope and dignity, and letting them know that someone cares. So often we hear, “I didn’t think anyone cared.”
Patriots and Paws knows people care. Our supporters do that with their donations and treasures. Our volunteers do it with their time and talents. Without our donors and our volunteers, our Veterans would be opening doors to empty rooms – sitting, eating, and sleeping on the floor that they call home.
One of our Army Veterans’ story stands out. Michelle is a mother of three, and all under 10. One child has special needs. In addition to transitioning back into civilian life, she is struggling with making sure her daughter is getting the best care she can.
Just recently, Michelle began home schooling her, while making sure her other two children get to all of their activities.
Having basic items in her home gives Michelle dignity and hope that she will make it through this tough time. Now, Michelle’s children are safely riding bikes with helmets and sleeping in comfortable beds provided through generous and caring donors.
This past year has been amazing. One of the biggest changes was moving, the second since Patriots and Paws began. Starting in a storage unit 30 feet deep, 15 feet wide and 15 feet high, we filled 6 units before moving into our first 5200 sq. feet warehouse. Now, we’re in a warehouse that is almost 7700 sq. feet and have almost a 20,000 sq. foot private yard. I can’t believe it is almost a year.
Home Depot donated their time, talent, and treasures to put in landscaping. This will give us a park like setting in our yard, allowing us to have more events for our Veterans at our location.
West Coast Arborists joined the effort to create a welcoming space for our Veterans. They donated and planted trees to add to our landscaping.
Our landlords give us so much liberty to do our mission and for that Patriots and Paws is grateful. Patriots and Paws is in line with will help over 1000 Veterans, Active Duty, Reservists and their immediate families in 2019.
We are already planning our 5th Annual Car Show. Check it out at patriotsandpawscarshow.com.
So, mark your calendars for our last two events of the year:
- Post Patriot Day Open House Saturday September 21st
- 5th Annual Car/Truck Show Saturday October 5th
Patriots and Paws has been working on making 2019 an incredible year for our military community!
We ask you to consider making a monetary donation before the end of the year. This will allow us to continue the work that Patriots and Paws does. You can also make your donation online on our website at www.patriotsandpaws.org.
You can also sign up to become a monthly donor. All donations help our Veterans, Active Duty, and Reservists create new homes so they can continue to make a difference in our communities across Southern California.
Founder/Chairman of the Board
Mission Statement :
To provide returning Veterans and their families with home furnishings, and unite them with a rescued animal.
At Patriots and Paws we reduce psychological and financial stress to our Veterans as they transition into civilian life and Active Duty/Reservists as they are returning from deployment, by providing basic home furnishings and necessities for free, resulting in hope and dignity.
We will also unite them with a rescued animal so it can be trained and become a service animal through our community partners for free, giving them a sense of purpose and emotional support.
Because of your generosity, and ongoing support, Patriots and Paws will be able to help our Veterans, Active Duty, Reservists, and their immediate families who have, or still serve our Country, and now need our help by supplying them with essential everyday items like a bed or a kitchen table.
Make Your One-Time or Recurring Donation Now
Five Ways You Can Support Patriots and Paws
- Give Cash. Cash is an easy way to give each year. You will receive a dated receipt from Patriots and Paws so you can properly document your cash gift. A canceled check provides sufficient documentation only for gifts by check if they are less than $250.
- Give appreciated stock or other property. When you give property to Patriots and Paws, we’ll sell it, and you will eliminate all the capital gains tax you would have paid had you sold it yourself. Your gift will be deductible at its full fair market value as of its date of delivery if you have held it for more than one year.
- Invest in a life income plan. A life income gift provides you with payments for the rest of your life, and Patriots and Paws with support thereafter. If you use appreciated securities that you’ve owned longer than a year to fund the gift, you will be entitled to an income tax deduction based, in part, on the charitable portion of the security’s full value.
- Give real estate, artwork, or other tangible personal property. Give property that would have resulted in the greatest capital gain if you would have sold the asset instead.
- Donate a life insurance policy. A gift of a life insurance policy you no longer need makes a perfect year-end gift. To qualify as a deductible gift, Patriots and Paws must become the policy owner. For most types of insurance policies, your tax deduction is usually the cost basis or the fair market value of the policy – whichever is less.
Tax Deductible Donation
- All contributions to Patriots and Paws are Tax Deductible as applicable by law.
- We are a 501(c)(3) organization. Our Federal Tax I.D #38-3852940.
- A confirmation receipt will be sent to your email from Patriots and Paws.
- Please keep your donation receipt(s) for federal income tax filing purposes.
- Consult your tax professional for your specific situation.
Give a Recurring Gift to Patriots and Paws
You can choose to make a one time donation, daily, weekly, monthly or yearly donation to Patriots and Paws. Any support is appreciated, and your monthly support is greatly needed and very much appreciated.
Each month, there are expenses to operate Patriots and Paws, such as rent for our warehouse, our pickup truck, gasoline, insurance, etc. With your contribution, we can continue our mission to improve the lives of our Veterans, active Military, and their Families.
We need your help in making this charity run consistently. We can’t do it without you!
Is your Company interested in becoming a supporter?
If you would prefer to contribute by mail
Make Check to: Patriots and Paws
Send Check to:
Patriots and Paws
9121 Atlanta Ave #471
Huntington Beach, CA 92646
This information is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax professional. References to estate and income taxes include federal taxes only. State income/estate taxes or state law may impact your results.