Thank you for your interest in Patriots and Paws, we are located in Orange County, California and schedule pick ups in Orange County and parts of Long Beach and Lakewood (between 605 Fwy/Bellflower).
Scheduling a pick up is easy, below is what we accept, and what we cannot accept.
Please review the Frequently Asked Questions below for more information about these detail.
How to Donate Items to Us
Patriots and Paws Offers a Free Pick-Up Service
Pick ups are scheduled 3 days a week breaking Orange County into specific days. We are currently scheduling 4-5 weeks out. We have remained open during COVID as most places have been closed and they are not taking large items.
Please also consider a cash donation to help cover fuel costs, this would help tremendously!
If you are able to have your donated items delivered to us, we accept drop offs on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays from 10:00 – 2:30.
We sometimes close for events on Saturdays, call to make sure we are open before dropping off.
Click the button below to download a copy of what we take and don’t take.Download Furniture Pick Up Fact Sheet
3 Ways to Schedule a Pick-Up
- Call us to request a pick-up at 1-714-323-7229 (PAAW)
- Email a list of items to email@example.com
- Complete this online form below
Please keep in mind that your donation is being given away to a Veteran, or Active Military, Reservists and their immediate family. Please consider this when judging for yourself if your donated items will be useful to a family in need.
*Please note, we experience a high volume of calls at the end of each month, please be patient while we respond to all inquiries in order.
After you submit your request using one of these methods, one of our volunteers will contact you within 2 days with any questions, and to schedule a pick up.
Frequently Asked Questions
What We Need Most
- Working clean Refrigerators
- Working Washers
- Working Dryers
- Working clean Gas Ranges
- Working Countertop Microwaves
- Clean Mattress/Box Spring (no rips, tears or stains)
What We Pick Up
Items picked up are at the discretion of the Pick Up Team, they must be clean and working order
- Dressers, nightstands, couches, loveseats, end tables, coffee tables, hope chests, dining room table, dining room chair, recliners, TV stands, bookcases
- Clean housewares (dishes/pots/pans/baking items, silverware) properly packed in boxes only
- Clean rugs up to 6′ x 9′ with occasional exceptions
- Home Decor items
- Pet care items
- Patio Furniture
- Large work appliances, refrigerators, washers dryers, gas ranges (not dishwashers, wall ovens, drop in stoves, under counter microwaves)
- Table top/Floor Lamps only (no chandlers/ceiling fans- lights)
- Towels, Kitchen, Face
- Clean Mattresses, Box Springs, Futons, Day Beds, (not electrical bases, sleep by number). No rips, tears or stains, at the discretion of Donations team
- Household appliances (coffeemakers, irons, mixers, toasters, etc.)
- Unusual Finds
What Items We DO NOT Accept
- Baby and children’s items (cribs, changing tables, high chairs, strollers, car seats, toys, etc.)
- Blinds/draperies or the hardware
- Books of any kind including Textbooks, periodicals, worn or damaged books
- Broken or chipped dish ware/glassware
- Camping Items
- Chemicals/Cleaning Supplies
- China Cabinets/Hutches
- Electronics older than 5 years
- Entertainment Centers
- Exercise equipment
- Garden/lawn tools
- Gas/kerosene operated equipment
- Head and footboards sets, platform beds, sleep by number, captains beds
- Holiday items (decorations/seasonal items)
- Home Improvement items, including chandlers, drop in appliances
- Items that are molded, water damaged, faded, sun damaged or broken
- Items needing to be cleaned
- Lighting Fixtures
- Medical equipment, or supplies, hospital beds
- Musical Instruments including Pianos
- Sporting Goods
- Toys and stuffed animals (unless in unopened packages)
- Upholstered furniture that has rips, tears, stains, or peeling or sun damaged
- Used cosmetics, hair brushes, toothbrushes, etc.
- Anything that we deem to be a health or safety hazard
We don’t charge for our pick ups of your donations, you are welcome to make a cash donation, you can give the driver and envelope with your donation. If you want to write a check make it payable to Patriots and Paws and we will provide you a tax receipt letter.
Would you like to keep supporting Patriots and Paws? Consider the following: