Thank you for your interest, and donation to Patriots and Paws. Scheduling a pick up is easy, what we accept, and what we cannot accept can get a little more detailed.
Please review the Frequently Asked Questions below for more information about these detail.
How to Donate Items to Us
Patriots and Paws Offers a Free Pick-Up Service when we have volunteers available. Pick ups are usually scheduled 3 days a week. Please also consider a cash donation to help cover fuel costs, this would help tremendously!
If you are able to have your donated items delivered to us, please use the same contact methods listed below to schedule a drop off.
3 Ways to Schedule a Pick-Up or Delivery
- Call us to request a pick-up or drop off at 1-714-323-7229 (PAAW)
- Email a list of items to email@example.com
- Complete this online form
Please keep in mind that your donation is being given away for free to a Veteran, or active Military Soldier and their family. Please consider this when judging for yourself if your donated items will still have enough miles left on it to be useful to a family in need.
*Please note, we experience a high volume of calls at the end of each month, please be patient while we respond to all inquiries in order.
After you submit your request using one of these methods, one of our volunteers will contact you within 2 days with any questions, and to schedule a pick up or drop off.
Would you like to keep supporting Patriots and Paws? Consider the following:
- Subscribe to our Monthly Newsletter
- Get cool stuff from our Swag Store
- Make a one time donation
- Make a monthly donation as an individual
- Make a monthly donation as a company
Frequently Asked Questions
What We Need Most
- King Size Bed Frames / Mattress / Box Spring
- Queen Size bed Frames / Mattress / Box Spring
What We Pick Up
- Furniture in good condition at the discretion of Pick up team
- Clean housewares properly packed in boxes only
- Baby and children’s items (cribs, changing tables, high chairs, strollers, car seats)
- Clean rugs up to 6′ x 9′ with occasional exceptions
- Decorative items
- Exercise equipment
- Fish tanks and pet care items
- Garden/lawn tools
- Large appliances (gentle used dishwashers, ovens, etc.)
- Mattresses, Box Springs, Futons, Day Beds at the discretion of Donations team
- Medical equipment, hospital beds, or supplies
- New Personal care items (hair dryers, hairbrushes, toothbrushes)
- Used household appliances (coffeemakers, humidifiers, irons, etc.)
- Nonperishable & Unexpired Food
- Unusual Finds
- Clothes (clean/usable)
What Items We DO NOT Accept
- Items that are molded, water damaged or broken
- Items needing to be cleaned
- Broken or chipped dish ware/glassware
- Electronics older than 5 years and not working
- Gas/kerosene operated equipment
- Textbooks, periodicals, worn or damaged books
- Toys and stuffed animals (unless in unopened packages)
- Used cosmetics, hair brushes, toothbrushes, etc.
- Anything that we deem to be a health or safety hazard
- Pick up teams have the ability to make item level decisions on site
Click the button below to download a copy of this information to take with you.Download Donation Rules Information Here
Click the button below to download a Donations Receipt Form that you can use for your tax deduction.Download Donation Receipt Here