Thank you for your interest in Patriots and Paws, we are located in Orange County, California.
Scheduling a pick up is easy, below is what we accept, and what we cannot accept.
Please review the Frequently Asked Questions below for more information about these detail.
How to Donate Items to Us
Patriots and Paws Offers a Free Pick-Up Service
Pick ups are scheduled 3 days a week breaking Orange County into specific days. We schedule 2-3 weeks out, and don’t do next day pick ups.
Please also consider a cash donation to help cover fuel costs, this would help tremendously!
If you are able to have your donated items delivered to us, please use the same contact methods listed below to schedule a drop off.
We accept drop offs on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays from 10:00 – 2:30.
We sometimes close for events on Saturdays, call to make sure we are open before dropping off.
3 Ways to Schedule a Pick-Up or Delivery
- Call us to request a pick-up or drop off at 1-714-323-7229 (PAAW)
- Email a list of items to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete this online form below
Please keep in mind that your donation is being given away for free to a Veteran, or Active Military, Reservists and their immediate family. Please consider this when judging for yourself if your donated items will still have enough miles left on it to be useful to a family in need.
*Please note, we experience a high volume of calls at the end of each month, please be patient while we respond to all inquiries in order.
After you submit your request using one of these methods, one of our volunteers will contact you within 2 days with any questions, and to schedule a pick up.
Frequently Asked Questions
What We Need Most
- Working clean Refrigerators
- Working Washers
- Working Dryers
- Working clean Gas Ranges
- Working Countertop Microwaves
- Clean King Size Mattress/Box Spring (no rips, tears or stains)
- Clean Queen Size Mattress/Box Spring (no rips, tears or stains)
What We Pick Up
Items picked up are at the discretion of the Pick Up Team, they must be clean and working order
- Dressers, nightstands, couches, loveseats, end tables, coffee tables, hope chests, dining room table, dining room chair, recliners, TV stands, bookcases
- Clean housewares (dishes/pots/pans/baking items, silverware) properly packed in boxes only
- Clean rugs up to 6′ x 9′ with occasional exceptions
- Home Decor items
- Pet care items
- Patio Furniture
- Large work appliances, refrigerators, washers dryers, gas ranges (not dishwashers, wall ovens, drop in stoves, under counter microwaves)
- Table top/Floor Lamps only
- Clean Mattresses, Box Springs, Futons, Day Beds, not electrical bases. No rips, tears or stains, at the discretion of Donations team
- Household appliances (coffeemakers, irons, mixers, toasters, etc.)
- Unusual Finds
- Clothes (clean/usable)
What Items We DO NOT Accept
- Baby and children’s items (cribs, changing tables, high chairs, strollers, car seats, toys)
- Books of any kind including Textbooks, periodicals, worn or damaged books
- Broken or chipped dish ware/glassware
- Chemicals/Cleaning Supplies
- China Cabinets/Hutches
- Electronics older than 5 years and not working
- Entertainment Centers
- Exercise equipment
- Head and footboards, captains beds
- Garden/lawn tools
- Gas/kerosene operated equipment
- Holiday items
- Home Improvement items
- Items that are molded, water damaged or broken
- Items needing to be cleaned
- Lighting Fixtures
- Medical equipment, or supplies, hospital beds
- Musical Instruments including Pianos
- Toys and stuffed animals (unless in unopened packages)
- Used cosmetics, hair brushes, toothbrushes, etc.
- Anything that we deem to be a health or safety hazard
Click the button below to download a copy of this information to take with you.Download Donation Rules Information Here
We don’t charge for our pick ups of your donations, you are welcome to make a cash donation, you can give the driver and envelope with your donation. If you want to write a check make it payable to Patriots and Paws and we will provide you a tax receipt letter.
Would you like to keep supporting Patriots and Paws? Consider the following: